***Please use the Modification Kit at your own risk!
- Disconnect all cables from the player;
- Remove all top-cover-retaining screws. Please make sure in this step you have all correct screws removed (refer to the red circles in Fig1);
Fig1 Positions of Top-cover-retaining Screws
- Before you open the top cover, it is highly recommended inserting one piece of hard card on each side of the connection gap between front panel and the top cover as shown in Fig 2. These two pieces of cards will protect the painting on the box;
Fig2 Insert the Hard Card
- Carefully hold and lift the rear portion of the top cover; slowly pull it apart from the player;
Fig3 Hold the Top Cover
- Carefully remove the flat ribbon cable running from the front panel (Socket B) to the main board (Socket A) as shown in Fig 4;
Fig4 Remove the Flat Cable
- Unfold and put the modification kit in the position as shown in Fig 5;
Fig5 Unfold the Modification Kit
- As shown in Fig 6, fold and insert the left side of the flat ribbon cable of the kit into socket A (refer to Fig 4 for the position). Please make sure the left side of the cable is folded correctly (at the left end the side with letter printed should be facing away from the disc drive) and the end of the cable is fully inserted into the socket;
Fig6 Fold and Insert the Left Side of the Kit
- As shown in Fig 7, insert the right side of the flat ribbon cable of the kit into socket B (refer to Fig 4 for the position). Please make sure the end of the cable is fully inserted into the socket;
Fig7 Insert the Right Side of the Kit
- Connect the three-line power cable (red, white, black) to the 6-pin plug at the rear of the main board as shown in Fig 8. The plug will only fit in one way. Please make sure the cable lines are secured to avoid the hot spots inside the box;
Fig8 Insert the Power Cable
- Remove the backing and attach the board to the disc drive with the adhesive pad as in Fig 8.
- Put back the top cover and tighten the screws
Congratulations!!! Installation is now complete.
BLu-ray Zone Code Operation
1) The default settings for the successfully kit-installed OPPO BDP-83 should be Region-Free for DVD Play and Zone A for Blu-ray.
Note: If applicable, please go to Video Setup > TV System to set the TV system to NTSC— if the TV only supports NTSC format, or Multisystem— if the TV supports both 60Hz NTSC and 50Hz PAL output.
If the TV System is accidentally set to wrong settings, you may unable to see any video output on the TV. Then press and hold the P/N button on the remote for 5 sec to cycle the video output to PAL, NTSC or Multi-System.
2) To switch your Blu-ray zone:
i) Make sure your player is in the standby mode;
ii) Press and hold the blue button on the Remote Control until you hear beeps (~5 seconds wait time);
iii) Press correct number for the zone you want to change to:
1 for Zone A (1-beep sound);
2 for Zone B (2-beep sound);
3 for Zone C (3-beep sound);
3) To switch your DVD region:
i) Make sure your player is in the standby mode
ii) Press and hold the red button on the Remote Control until you hear beeps (~5 seconds wait time).
iii) Press correct number for the zone you want to change to
0 for Region‐Free (a long beep sound),
2 for Region 2 (2-beep sound);
3 for Region 3 (3-beep sound).